Amos Rex opens on Thursday Feb 11th for pre-booked visits
The unique Egypt of Glory exhibition opens again on Thursday, February 11th. To ensure everyone’s safety, you may only visit with a pre-booking: tickets are sold online, and guided tours are also available. Tickets are not sold on site. Ticket sales open on Wednesday February 10th, and tickets are continually available for the following two weeks. Those arriving with the Museum Card, ICOM and Press Card must also book a visit in advance.
Tickets are booked with an hourly arrival time so that the number of visitors can be precisely controlled. The hourly capacity is very moderate, so we can ensure a safe distance of 2 meters between customers. The capacity is adjusted as needed. Tickets can be purchased for up to five people at once. Guided tours and art workshops can be booked for groups of less than 10 people. Independent group visits are not possible.
Amos Rex’s new extended opening hours are from Feb 11th onward, 11 am – 8 pm on weekdays (closed on Tuesdays) and 11 am – 5 pm on weekends. The museum shop is open 10 am – 5 pm on weekdays until Wednesday February 10th and after that in accordance with the museum’s opening hours. The Glory of Egypt exhibition is open until March 21st.
We’ve gathered some answers to frequently asked questions: Frequently asked questions
In the midst of the Covid 19-pandemic, we want to do all we can to ensure that you are able to safely visit our unique Egypt of Glory exhibition. For this reason, we have limited the number of visitors in the museum. The use of a face mask is required inside the museum. The face mask requirement applies to visitors over the age of 12. If you do not have a mask with you, we offer one mask included in the museum ticket. We have increased and intensified cleaning and sanitization in all our facilities. Hand sanitizers are available throughout the museum. We also recommend downloading the Koronavilkku app on your mobile phone. Together we make museum visits safe.
Please follow these instructions during your visit to Amos Rex:
- Use a face mask inside the museum (over 12-year-olds).
- Stay home, if you feel sick.
- Use hand sanitizer when you enter the museum.
- Wash your hands with soap often and well.
- Cough or sneeze on a tissue or your sleeve.
- Keep a safe 2 meter distance to others.
- Use contactless payment when possible.
- Please note, that our coatroom service is out of use. We have an unguarded self-service coatroom in the museum’s lobby. In addition to coatracks, we offer self service lockers free of charge.
- To safeguard the artworks, the following items are nor allowed in the exhibition hall: large bags, liquids, umbrellas, camera tripods, selfie sticks and overcoats on rainy days. Read more about the museum’s rules.
Are you wondering about something related to advance tickets, your museum visit or the Egypt of Glory exhibition? We’ve gathered some answers to frequently asked questions: